Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October


Well... I promise I'll get better at updating this thing!!! So Last entry was in July, not much has happened since then. I had my good friend Jeff's wedding in Oregon where I had to read a poem. Have I mentioned how much I hate public speaking? Jeff, Me & Matty ---------------->

THEN when I got back to Scottsdale, we left 4 days later to go to NH for our first trip back home since moving out here!! Our first thoughts when landing... dang it's GREEN!!! We had my girlfriend Kate's wedding while we were home & I got to see all my closest friends which was FABULOUS! Lots of time split between the families which was hectic at points but great to see everyone. My brother was home too, which was nice to see him since we hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving, and Brad's Sister and brother in law were also home which was nice to have EVERYONE in the same place! (And yes I wore the same dress to two diff weddings)

Ummm September... not much happened. haha We don't live super exciting lives. We did go to a fair in Flagstaff, AZ which was fun. NH weather all around up there! So of course I was chilly. It was just nice to get away from the 100 degrees and into cool jean/sweatshirt weather. That is something we miss alot. The changing of seasons is something I didn't think I'd miss so much, but I do. Good thing is all we need to do is drive an hour north and we hit NH like weather.

Ashley came to visit at the end of september which was SUPPPPEERRR fun! Brad got us Brad Paisley tickets (country singer) for my birthday present and we hung out poolside and went to Sedona! Had alot of fun hiking in flip flops haha The rocks are SOOOOO beautiful we didn't know hiking bell rock (a famous formation out here) would be SO much fun. Even Gix climbed with us!! We also went up to Oak Creek Canyon which is breath taking!!! Brad was our tour guide and answered lots of questions from me and ash :) haha




me & ash w/ our climbing accomplishment




Me Gix & Bradden @ Oak Creek Canyon

October should be fun for us the AZ State Fair starts up (I love fairs!!) and we're going to try and go camping a couple times before it's too cold! Yes, It gets cold camping like down to the low 40's at night. We actually really like camping it's more ... roughing it than I'm used to when my family went but it's fun. We can bring our lil gix as well :) Brad's still doing the Big Brother's program and really enjoying it. His lil's name is Troy and he's very nice and polite. Apparently he starts fights at school and has a very rough life but has expressed to brad that he wishes brad was his real brother. It's a nice milestone for Brad, as this just makes him feel good and gives him a sense of accomplishment. So proud hehe Thanksgiving & Christmas will be spent in AZ again, with no family :( But we have our little family (Me, Brad & Gix) and it's taking some getting used to but we like it. More to come as things happen!!

No comments: