Sunday, October 25, 2009

October Fun

So we went camping up in Payson, AZ earlier this month and even though it was BEAUTIFUL, it was COLD. Like.... 40 degrees cold. The leaves were beautiful changing to bright yellows, but nothing like a NH foliage that's for sure. We had our little campsite set up and we went to to lake that was just a few mins down the road. Gix is quite the hiker! Since it was a little chilly we put him in his little black hooded sweatshirt (haha) and after the lake settled in our campsite and I made us a large fire so we could cook our dinner. On the menu .... baked potatoes & Hot dogs haha. Nice gourmet food huh? Then of course for dessert we had smores :) Just hanging out chatting around the fire was really nice and relaxing and I wasn't as scared of getting eaten by mountain lions. Normally when we go camping we are out in the middle of NO WHERE it's super scary and I just am not a fan. Plus we've heard stories of wild cat encounters and yeah I'm all set!! For Halloween this year I'm going down to see my girlfriend Sarah and her little girl, Leah for some Halloween fun. Leah's going to be a cat from what I've been told and it'll be nice catching up w/ my old roomie. Brad's estatic he gets the house to himself. Maybe I'll make him hand out candy haha. I can't believe the end of Oct is here, and November is so close. I'm kinda excited to make my Thanksgiving dinner, but it won't be quite as fun since we have no one coming this year :( Oh well we'll have more than enough food for us. More to follow!

No comments: